Welcome to Advent’s event page. We are a small congregation, but we love to share our space with all kinds of organizations while holding some of our own as well. We hope to see you at some event that piques your interest.
In and Around Advent:
- Nov. 5, Sunday, 8 am and 10 am – All Saint’s Sunday. Come and helps us celebrate the great cloud of witnesses.
- Nov. 5-13 – Interfaith Hospitality Families will be making Advent their home for the week.
- Nov. 5, Sunday, 5:30 – 7:30, Loa Bennett will be holding a potluck dinner along with her meet-up group Intuitive Development. Sharing dinner with the IHN families.
- Nov. 9, Thursday, 6:30 pm – Neighborhood Meeting at Bush Recreation Center
- Nov. 10, Friday, 6 pm – Advent prepares community dinner for 40 Diocesan Convention Delegates, IHN families, and community neighbors as part of the Diocesan-wide Exodus project.
- Nov. 10, 9 am – Nov 11, 4pm (unless business is done sooner) Diocesan Convention at the Hyatt Regency in Cincinnati (down town).
- Nov. 13, Sunday 8 am service only will meet at Parkside Restaurant for worship while IHN clears out their belongings. 10 am will still meet in the sanctuary.
- Nov. 16, Thursday, 1 pm – Open Door Advisory Board Meeting at Advent
- Nov. 16, Thursday, 6:30 pm, – Walnut Hills Faith Alliance will meet at Echo Church, 1301 E. McMillan – This is a great group to belong to.
- Nov. 18, Saturday, 9 am, – Saturday Food Share with Lakeside Community Church.
- Nov. 19, Sunday, 8 am and 10 am – Celebrate our financial commitments to God.
- Nov. 21, Tuesday, 7 pm – Vestry Meeting
- Nov. 23-24, The Church Offices and Open Door Ministries will be closed for Thanksgiving
- Nov. 26 at the 10 am service and after- meet our new Music Director and also to celebrate the gift of Music that Taylor brought to Advent.
Stitchery Group meets every Tuesday at 10:30 at Advent. Women and men who spend time doing any kind of fiber arts, or want to learn knitting or crochet, are welcome. We have one friend who does none of those things, but has been untangling a hellish mess of orange yarn and we are grateful.
Morning Prayer meets every Wednesday at 9 am in the small chapel. Great way to start the day.
Bible Study – meets every Wednesday from 10:30 – 12:00. We have some great discussions around the Gospel of Mark. We hope you can join us.
Advent’s Choir meets on Thursday evenings at 6 pm and again at 9 am on Sunday mornings. We have a small choir, but there are some excellent singers, and awesome choir director and organist (See our Staff page).
Saturday Afternoon Worship with Greater Victory Temple– Pastor Michael Mitchell, 3:30 pm