Welcome to Advent’s event page. We are a small congregation, but we love to share our space with all kinds of organizations while holding some of our own as well. We hope to see you at some event that piques your interest.
In and Around Advent:
- March 17 Chili Cook-Off! 4pm-6:30pm
- March 25 – 8 am and 10 am – The 10 am service will include a wonderful reading and experience of the Passion Story.
- March 25 – 2 pm – Folks from the neighborhood join us for a Palm Sunday March from Advent to Green Man Park where we end with a liturgy of peace.
- March 28 – 6:30 pm – Neighborhood Community Dinner with Foot Washing for those neighbors who want a clean pair of socks and feet.
- March 29 – 6:30 pm – Maundy Thursday – Simple Mediterranean Agape meal, foot washing, and Eucharist.
- March 30 -12 pm and 7 pm – Good Friday services.
- April 1st – Easter Sunday – 8 and 10 am – 10 am followed by a pot-luck.
This is a fundraiser for the Open Door Ministries Food Pantry. $7 to Enter your Chili!
First Prize: $100
Second Prize $50
Chili Tasters welcome to event on March 17 between 4:00 – 6:30 pm to vote for the best chili. $5 at the door. Voting ends at 6:00 pm so we can award the First and Second place Chili chefs.
Stitchery Group meets every Tuesday at 10:30 at Advent. Women and men who spend time doing any kind of fiber arts, or want to learn knitting or crochet, are welcome. We have one friend who does none of those things, but has been untangling a hellish mess of orange yarn and we are grateful.
Morning Prayer meets every Wednesday at 9 am in the small chapel. Great way to start the day.
Bible Study – meets every Wednesday from 10:30 – 12:00. We have some great discussions around the Gospel of Mark. We hope you can join us.
Advent’s Choir meets on Wednesday evening at 6:30 pm and again at 9 am on Sunday mornings. We have a small choir, but there are some excellent singers, and awesome choir director and organist (See our Staff page).