Welcome to Advent’s event page. We are a small congregation, but we love to share our space with all kinds of organizations while holding some of our own as well. We hope to see you at some event that piques your interest.
In and Around Advent:
- Feb – The whole Valentine month will focus on Open Door’s 45th Anniversary
- Feb 10, Saturday, 9am – 4:30pm – Christ Cathedral – “Absalom Jones Symposium and Festal Eucharist” (Lunch included) – http://www.dsoconnections.org/2018/01/09/absalom-jones-symposium-and-festal-eucharist/ for more details
- Feb. 17, Saturday – Vestry Retreat from 10 am – 2 pm at Advent.
- Feb. 14, Ash Wednesday service at 7 pm – Join us for a unique experience!
- Feb. 21, Lenten Study beginning with simple meal at 6:30 pm
- Feb. 18, Sunday – first coffee hour discussion about what it means to be an Episcopalian.
Stitchery Group meets every Tuesday at 10:30 at Advent. Women and men who spend time doing any kind of fiber arts, or want to learn knitting or crochet, are welcome. We have one friend who does none of those things, but has been untangling a hellish mess of orange yarn and we are grateful.
Morning Prayer meets every Wednesday at 9 am in the small chapel. Great way to start the day.
Bible Study – meets every Wednesday from 10:30 – 12:00. We have some great discussions around the Gospel of Mark. We hope you can join us.
Advent’s Choir meets on Wednesday evening at 6:30 pm and again at 9 am on Sunday mornings. We have a small choir, but there are some excellent singers, and awesome choir director and organist (See our Staff page).