Welcome to Advent’s event page. We are a small congregation, but we love to share our space with all kinds of organizations while holding some of our own as well. We hope to see you at some event that piques your interest.
In and Around Advent:
- July 10-14, The Rev. Charles Graves IV will be at the Episcopal Youth Event in Oklahoma.
- Thursday, July 13, 6 pm Walnut HIlls Neighborhood meeting at Bush Recreation Center.
- Saturday, July 15, 8-10:30 am Neighborhood Food Share.
- Monday, July 17, 6:30 pm – Walnut Hills Faith Alliance meets at Morning Star Baptist Church (Awesome things are happening. Come and join us!)
- Tuesday, July 18, 7 pm – Vestry meeting.
- Saturday, July 22, 3-5 pm – Family Fun Fest, hosted by the Walnut Hills Faith Alliance. Event at the corner of St. James and Nassau streets.
Stitchery Group meets every Tuesday at 10:30 at Advent. Women and men who spend time doing any kind of fiber arts, or want to learn knitting or crochet, are welcome. We have one friend who does none of those things, but has been untangling a hellish mess of orange yarn and we are grateful.
Bible Study – meets every Wednesday from 10:30 – 12:00. We have some great discussions around the Gospel of Mark. We hope you can join us.
Advent’s Choir (closed during the summer) meets on Thursday evenings at 6 pm and again at 9 am on Sunday mornings. We have a small choir, but there are some excellent singers, and awesome choir director and organist (See our Staff page).