Welcome to Advent’s event page. We are a small congregation, but we love to share our space with all kinds of organizations while holding some of our own as well. We hope to see you at some event that piques your interest.
In and Around Advent:
- Thursday, May 17th from 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Block Party celebrating Douglass and Spencer Schools, at Park and Yale, and Alms Place and Chapel.
- Sunday, May 20th – 8:00 am & 10:oo am – Pentecost Sunday! Celebrate the gift of the Holy Spirit and the birthday of the Church! A beautiful, fun and joyful day of worship!
- Saturday, May 26th, from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. Huge Walnut Hills multi-family yard sale fundraiser –2345 Upland Place (on Cross streets of Fleming and Upland Place – by St. Ursula’s) All proceeds benefit a music scholarship program here in Cincinnati.
- Thursday, May 24th – 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm – Special Vestry meeting with dinner. HOLY COW REVIEW
- Sunday, May 27th – 8:00 am & 10:oo am – Trinity Sunday. Join us as we rejoice in the sacred mystery of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit – Three in One and One in Three.
- Monday, May 28th – Memorial Day – Church and Open Door closed. Hunger Walk! Still time to sign
- Wednesday, May 30th – 6:00 pm – Community Dinner – Messiah Community Church – youth group.
- Saturday, June 2nd – 11:00 am – Rev. Charles’ ordination at Christ Church Cathedral, 318 4th Street, Cincinnati OH 45202
- Saturday, June 2nd – from 2:00 – 5:00 pm Walnut Hills Family Fest on St. James Park on Nassau
Street. Free food, music, games, crafts and prizes. Presented by Walnut Hills Faith Alliance.
- Sunday, June 3rd – 8:00am & 10:00am – Rev. Charles leads us in his first worship as priest. Potluck to follow. (please bring something to share)
Click for more info on Rev. Charles’ ordination and Walnut Hills Family Fest!
Stitchery Group meets every Tuesday at 10:30 at Advent. Women and men who spend time doing any kind of fiber arts, or want to learn knitting or crochet, are welcome. We have one friend who does none of those things, but has been untangling a huge mess of orange yarn and we are grateful.
Morning Prayer meets every Wednesday at 9 am in the small chapel. Great way to start the day. (on break for the summer, returning in September)
Bible Study – meets every Wednesday from 10:30 – 12:00. We have some great discussions around the Gospel of Mark. We hope you can join us. (on break for the summer, returning in September)
Advent’s Choir meets on Wednesday evening at 6:30 pm and again at 9 am on Sunday mornings. We have a small choir, but there are some excellent singers, and awesome choir director and organist (See our Staff page – choir will return in the fall).