An Adventure in Faith and Fellowship in Christ
Welcome to the season Lent as we ponder our walk with Christ in the knowledge that in struggle there is hope. Go to our Sermon Page “Walking the Way” to listen to our Lenten sermons. Join us for a Chili Cook-off on Saint Patrick’s Day to raise money for our Open Door Ministries. Join us for an afternoon Palm Sunday march from Advent to Green Man Park in Walnut Hills (2 pm) to express our belief that our first citizenship and loyalty is with God’s Kingdom.
We are a small congregation, but lively, busy, and diverse. We are welcoming, affirming, and intentionally engaged with and in our neighborhood. We have joined with other congregations in Walnut Hills to form a Faith Alliance whose main objective is to support children and their families in Walnut Hills. We hope you’ll spend a few Sundays with us and get to know us. Until then – God Bless you and Keep you!
Worship at Advent:
WE HAVE A SPECIAL GUEST ON SUNDAY, APRIL 22 at 10 am.
The Rt. Rev. Nedi Rivera will be visiting us. Bishop Rivera was the first Hispanic woman to be ordained as a bishop in 2004. After worship we will have a simple potluck meal and we hope that Bishop Rivera will share some stories with us about small congregations and the blessings they can be in the communities they serve.
Church of the Advent is located at 2366 Kemper Lane in the Walnut Hills neighborhood of Cincinnati Ohio.
Check the Location Page for a map.
Click the link above to check out our latest sermons.
Ongoing Programs at Advent
- Morning Prayer (Wednesdays at 9 am) in the small chapel
- Bible Study (Wednesdays at 10:30). When the weather’s nice we move our lawn chairs into the shade for some cool reading
- Open Door Ministries ( A huge part of Advent’s ministry to the neighborhood).
- Advent Choir has started up again, Thursday evenings at 6 pm and Sundays at 9 am.
- Advent is a part of the Walnut Hills Faith Alliance – Congregations working together to support Douglass Elementary School and their families.
- Victory Temple Pentecostal Church (Pastor Michael Mitchell) welcomes visitors on Saturdays at 3:30 pm in the small chapel.
-See our Event Page for the latest on what’s happening in and around Advent.
Environmental issues – We’re working on being “Green”.
Old buildings can be environmentally unfriendly when it comes to wasting energy. It can also be a drain on finances. We are committed to being a “Green Congregation”. We are just one of the few Episcopal Churches that have been certified by Ohio Energy Power and Light. We are committed to continue finding ways to make our building even more environmentally friendly. Keep us in your prayers!