An Adventure in Faith and Fellowship in Christ
Welcome to Church of the Advent! We are a small congregation – lively, active, and diverse, LGBT friends welcome. We are welcoming, affirming, and intentionally engaged with and in our neighborhood. We have joined with other congregations in Walnut Hills to form a Faith Alliance whose main objective is to support children and their families in Walnut Hills. We have an OPEN DOOR MINISTRY that serves those in need of a safe place to get warm, charge a phone, grab a cup of coffee, get some groceries, and a payee program available for those who need help in that area. We raised around $1300 by walking in the Hunger Walk 2019 Cincinnati (Freestore Food Bank).
CLICK HERE FOR AN OPEN DOOR MINISTRY VIDEO – We are in need of volunteers who have a passion for really digging in to serving those in need. We need help in: our Cafe that hands out coffee and snacks to those who might go hungry, or might just come in to alleviate loneliness; keeping the cafe clean and safe for our guests; help in our food pantry with bagging up the needed food for our clients; and someone who can help with driving the truck for local food pick-up from agencies in Cincinnati. If you interested in helping us with any of these awesome volunteer opportunities, please call JoAnn McIntosh at 513-961-2259 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Or just drop in to fill out the volunteer application at 1017 Cross Lane between 9:30 and 11:30.
Worship at Advent:
- Sunday Services are at 8 am and 10 am, with the exceptions below.
- January 5th: Bishop Breidenthal will be our Celebrant for the 10 am service.
- Jan. 19, The Rev Jason Oden will be our Celebrant at the 10 am service. The 8 am service is cancelled for that day.
- Jan. 26 is our Annual Meeting. We will have one worship service at 9:30 am.
Church of the Advent is located at 2366 Kemper Lane in the Walnut Hills neighborhood of Cincinnati Ohio. Check the Location Page for a map.
Ongoing Programs at Advent
- Open Door Ministries ( A huge part of Advent’s ministry to the neighborhood).
- Advent Choir with a new Music Director, Nia McKenny.
- Advent is a part of the Walnut Hills Faith Alliance – Congregations working together to support Douglass Elementary School and their families.
- Interfaith Hospitality is a welcome guest at Advent four times a year
- We will begin our Community Dinners again in January. Served the last Wednesday of the month by Advent and other congregations or individuals that want a place to serve a meal to our neighbors.
Environmental issues – We’re working on being “Green”.
Old buildings can be environmentally unfriendly when it comes to wasting energy. It can also be a drain on finances. We are committed to being a “Green Congregation”. We are just one of the few Episcopal Churches that have been certified by Ohio Energy Power and Light. We are committed to continue finding ways to make our building even more environmentally friendly. Keep us in your prayers!