An Adventure in Faith and Fellowship in Christ
Welcome to Church of the Advent! We are a small congregation – lively, busy, and diverse. We are welcoming, affirming, and intentionally engaged with and in our neighborhood. We have joined with other congregations in Walnut Hills to form a Faith Alliance whose main objective is to support children and their families in Walnut Hills. We hope you’ll spend a few Sundays with us and get to know us. Until then – God Bless you and Keep you!
Advent is church very involved in her local neighborhood. Explore our website and if you’d like to donate to the work we do you can donate by clicking the “e-giving” button. This will take you to a secure sight. You can actually learn more about our community involvement on the Donation page, under “Community Health”
Worship at Advent:
There is always coffee to be had at 9 am and after the 10 am service when we have coffee hour. Come in and get to know us. We are a unique congregation.
Church of the Advent is located at 2366 Kemper Lane in the Walnut Hills neighborhood of Cincinnati Ohio.
Check the Location Page for a map.
Worship in the Beauty of Holiness: New Contemplative worship service launches October 7th & first Sunday each month
Blessing of the Animals, October 4th at 6pm: Bring your pets or a picture & we’ll be happy to bless them!
Click the link above to check out our latest sermons.
Ongoing Programs at Advent
- Morning Prayer, Wednesdays at 9:30am
- Bible Study, Wednesdays at 10:30am.
- Open Door Ministries ( A huge part of Advent’s ministry to the neighborhood).
- Advent Choir has started up again, Tuesday evenings at 6 pm and Sundays at 9 am.
- Advent is a part of the Walnut Hills Faith Alliance – Congregations working together to support Douglass Elementary School and their families.
- IN THE NEAR FUTURE LOOK FOR THESE NEW PROGRAMS:
- Once a month – Beer and Bible Study at the Brew House
Environmental issues – We’re working on being “Green”.
Old buildings can be environmentally unfriendly when it comes to wasting energy. It can also be a drain on finances. We are committed to being a “Green Congregation”. We are just one of the few Episcopal Churches that have been certified by Ohio Energy Power and Light. We are committed to continue finding ways to make our building even more environmentally friendly. Keep us in your prayers!