An Adventure in Faith and Fellowship in Christ
Welcome to Church of the Advent! We are a small congregation – lively, active, and diverse. We are welcoming, affirming, and intentionally engaged with and in our neighborhood. We have joined with other congregations in Walnut Hills to form a Faith Alliance whose main objective is to support children and their families in Walnut Hills. We have an OPEN DOOR MINISTRY that serves those in need of a safe place to get warm, charge a phone, grab a cup of coffee, get some groceries, and a payee program available for those who need help in that area. We raised around $1300 by walking in the Hunger Walk 2019 Cincinnati (Freestore Food Bank).
We hope you’ll spend a few Sundays with us and get to know us. Until then – God Bless you and Keep you!
Worship at Advent:
Sunday Services are at 8 am and 10 am. During the summer months you will find us worshiping in our beautiful Parish Hall under cool air-conditioning. When you come to visit, enter through our office doors and our welcomers will direct you so you won’t miss a thing.
- There is always coffee to be had at 9 am and after the 10 am service when we have coffee hour. Come in and get to know us. We are a unique congregation.
- Rev. Stacy Salles is on Sabbatical until Oct 1. Here are our fearless officiants during August and September:
- August 11 – Morning Prayer with Paul Keller and Paul Leffler
- August 18 – Eucharist with the Rev. Chris Slane
- August 25 – Eucharist with the Rev. Jason Odin
- Month of September – Eucharist with the Rev. Roger Foote
Church of the Advent is located at 2366 Kemper Lane in the Walnut Hills neighborhood of Cincinnati Ohio. Check the Location Page for a map.
Ongoing Programs at Advent
- Morning Prayer, Thursdays at 6:30 am
- Sundays at 9:30 – Settle in with meditative prayer before the 10 am worship. Wonderfully relaxing.
- Open Door Ministries ( A huge part of Advent’s ministry to the neighborhood).
- Advent Choir will start up again in September with a new Music Director, Nia McKenny.
- Advent is a part of the Walnut Hills Faith Alliance – Congregations working together to support Douglass Elementary School and their families.
Environmental issues – We’re working on being “Green”.
Old buildings can be environmentally unfriendly when it comes to wasting energy. It can also be a drain on finances. We are committed to being a “Green Congregation”. We are just one of the few Episcopal Churches that have been certified by Ohio Energy Power and Light. We are committed to continue finding ways to make our building even more environmentally friendly. Keep us in your prayers!