An Adventure in Faith and Fellowship in Christ
Welcome to Church of the Advent! We are a small congregation – lively, active, and diverse. We are welcoming, affirming, and intentionally engaged with and in our neighborhood. We have joined with other congregations in Walnut Hills to form a Faith Alliance whose main objective is to support children and their families in Walnut Hills. We have an OPEN DOOR MINISTRY that serves those in need of a safe place to get warm, charge a phone, grab a cup of coffee, get some groceries, and a payee program available for those who need help in that area. In fact, you can have fun helping to raise money for Open Door Ministries by entering or tasting chili at THE GREAT CHILI COOK-OFF , March 9 from 4-6:30 pm
We hope you’ll spend a few Sundays with us and get to know us. Until then – God Bless you and Keep you!
Worship at Advent:
Sunday Services are at 8 am and 10 am.
There is always coffee to be had at 9 am and after the 10 am service when we have coffee hour. Come in and get to know us. We are a unique congregation.
BLUEGRASS MASS with SLIPPERY CREEK: Feb. 10, at 10 am. Join us for some down home hymns
Church of the Advent is located at 2366 Kemper Lane in the Walnut Hills neighborhood of Cincinnati Ohio. Check the Location Page for a map.
Ongoing Programs at Advent
- Morning Prayer, Wednesdays at 9:30am
- Open Door Ministries ( A huge part of Advent’s ministry to the neighborhood).
- Advent Choir, Tuesday evenings at 6 pm and Sundays at 9 am.
- Advent is a part of the Walnut Hills Faith Alliance – Congregations working together to support Douglass Elementary School and their families.
- Bible Study at the Brew House (corner of E. McMillan and Park Ave) 2nd Wednesday of every month, 6:00 pm (Jan. 9, Feb. 13, Mar. 13
Environmental issues – We’re working on being “Green”.
Old buildings can be environmentally unfriendly when it comes to wasting energy. It can also be a drain on finances. We are committed to being a “Green Congregation”. We are just one of the few Episcopal Churches that have been certified by Ohio Energy Power and Light. We are committed to continue finding ways to make our building even more environmentally friendly. Keep us in your prayers!