An Adventure in Faith and Fellowship in Christ
Welcome to the season Lent as we ponder our walk with Christ in the knowledge that in struggle there is hope. Go to our Sermon Page “Walking the Way” to listen to our Lenten sermons. Join us for a Chili Cook-off on Saint Patrick’s Day to raise money for our Open Door Ministries. Join us for an afternoon Palm Sunday march from Advent to Green Man Park in Walnut Hills (2 pm) to express our belief that our first citizenship and loyalty is with God’s Kingdom.
We are a small congregation, but lively, busy, and diverse. We are intentionally engaged with and in our neighborhood. We have joined with other congregations in Walnut Hills to form a Faith Alliance whose main objective is to support children and their families in Walnut Hills. We hope you’ll spend a few Sunday’s with us and get to know us. Until then – God Bless you and Keep you!
St. Patrick Day Chili Cook Off Taste Fest
Come in on March 17 between 4 and 6:30 pm to taste and vote for the best chili ever. Just $5 per person at the door (children 8 and under are free).
- March 25 – 8 am and 10 am – The 10 am service will include a wonderful reading and experience of the Passion Story.
- March 25 – 2 pm – Folks from the neighborhood join us for a Palm Sunday March from Advent to Green Man Park where we end with a liturgy of peace.
- March 28 – 6:30 pm – Neighborhood Community Dinner with Foot Washing for those neighbors who want a clean pair of socks and feet.
- March 29 – 6:30 pm – Maundy Thursday – Simple Mediterranean Agape meal, foot washing, and Eucharist.
- March 30 -12 pm and 7 pm – Good Friday services.
- April 1st – Easter Sunday – 8 and 10 am – 10 am followed by a pot-luck.
Church of the Advent is located at 2366 Kemper Lane in Walnut Hills.
Check the Location Page for a map.
Click the link above to check out our latest sermons.
On Going Programs at Advent
- Morning Prayer (Wednesdays at 9 am) in the small chapel
- Bible Study (Wednesdays at 10:30). When the weather’s nice we move our lawn chairs into the shade for some cool reading
- Open Door Ministries ( A huge part of Advent’s ministry to the neighborhood).
- Advent Choir has started up again, Thursday evenings at 6 pm and Sundays at 9 am.
- Advent is a part of the Walnut Hills Faith Alliance – Congregations working together to support Douglass Elementary School and their families.
- Victory Temple Pentecostal Church (Pastor Michael Mitchell) welcomes visitors on Saturdays at 3:30 pm in the small chapel.
-See our Event Page for the latest on what’s happening in and around Advent.
Environmental issues – We’re working on being “Green”.
Old buildings can be environmentally unfriendly when it comes to wasting energy. It can also be a drain on finances. We are committed to being a “Green Congregation”. We are just one of the few Episcopal Churches that have been certified by Ohio Energy Power and Light. We are committed to continue finding ways to make our building even more environmentally friendly. Keep us in your prayers!